Friday, December 26, 2008

( Part Two )





(They say life is beyond you're control. How you react to life, is completely your choice only.)






Ok, so Today’s hospital appointment was regarding rashoodi’s second MRI scans. Leaning back on the slightly uncomfortable chair in the waiting room, I prayed that the first scan’s were a mix up. The corridors were so narrow and long which seemed so sinister to me. Mama came out of the room holding large envelopes in her hand, her face was expressionless. Rashoodi stuck out his tongue and said “Guess what yal deba? I have a giant booger in my head”.
Mama went to the receptionist to pay for the scans.


"Mahegaitach 8asia chthe!!!"
*yelling, Man slaps woman*



Rashed and I shared glances, we peeked into the room. The woman’s head looked like it was going to turn 360 degrees " 5ale9aw il amaken yethaweshon fil mustashfa?!" yelled rashed. My mom waved at us signaling us to head to the car, " yal habal what do you wanna eat? 7adi yo3ana! " This might sound slightly awkward but he said "McDon"... not *mcdeez* or *MAC* but (McDon) *eyes rolling.*


We stopped at Mcdeez, the drive through was jammed with cars! We stopped at the door and asked rashed to go order inside.



"rashood yeeb 2 Mc Arabias one for mom and the other 7g baba, one Mc Nuggets 7agi, and 2 Big Macs 7ag il 5adamat, o e6leb ila tabeh"


Rashid scratched his head and gave me a sigh " Am i meant to memorize that?"



I looked for paper to write the order on, but only managed to find receipts of things i previously bought. Rashed took the piece paper and went into Mcdonalds.



Utter silence filled the car, i felt as if my mom wanted to tell me something but was hesitating. "Yuma ishfeech?!!!" i asked.


"Um 7annoonti 7abeebti... tara manegdar in5ali e5ooch yet3alaj fil Ba7rain, ile eydesh il mustashfa 9a7i, ye6la3 im5ar5ash!!"








"La76'a, What do you mean Manegdar in3alja ihni ?!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment